Located 42 km south of Brisbane and bisected by the Mt Lindesay Highway, Munruben (4125) was named for a property owned by William Norris, a grazer and formally recognised in 1991. To the northeast of Munruben, Jerry’s Downfall Reserve commemorates a teamster accident in 1866 during which a bullock dray became bogged and flooded. Previously completely rural, Munruben is now a low density community with homes on large acreage blocks.
In 2011, 2800 people lived in Munruben, their average age being 38 years. Most residents were Anglo-Australian with a minority from Germany. English was spoken almost exclusively at home.