What are Building Inspections?
Building inspections are an important part of the process of purchasing, building or selling a house to give you or the buyer of your property peace of mind that you are buying exactly what you think you are. Building inspections can also be used for warranty on your new build to identify within 12 months and rectify any mistakes a builder may have made during the build. Building inspections identify any hidden surprises contained within the property and can include:
- Structural Cracking and Movement
- Timber Pest Damage
- Defective Plumbing
- Defective Roof Plumbing & Flashings
- Defective/Bridged Damp Proof Course
- Untradesman like Work
- Trees and Shrubs Corrosion
- Inadequate Subfloor Ventilation
- Defects in Secondary and Finishing Elements
- Internal Secondary & Finishing Element Defects
- External Secondary & Finishing Element Defects
- Incomplete Construction
- Safety Issues
- Any items that the Inspector thinks may be a hazard to safety during the completion of building inspections
Please note the above is just a guideline there may be other issues discovered during the completion of building inspections that may be included in your building and pest inspection report.
When are Building Inspections Necessary?
There are many different circumstances when you may need a building inspection including:
What areas does ABIS service for building inspections?
We service a number of areas in Greater Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan and Gold Cost including;
- Suburbs including Acacia Ridge, Sunnybank Hills, Holland Park, Mount Gravatt.
- Suburbs including Wynnum, Manly, Morningside, Camp Hill
- Suburbs including Alexandra Hills, Birkdale, Thorneside, Thornlands, Victoria Point
- Suburbs including Logan, Browns Plains, Underwood, Woodridge, Hillcrest
- Suburbs including Arana Hills, North Lakes, Bray Park, Dakabin, Cashmere
- Suburbs including Beachmere, Bellmere, Burpengary, Burpengary East, Caboolture
- Suburbs including Albion, Ascot, Kedron, Windsor, Chermside, Clayfield
- Suburbs including The Gap, Toowong, Indooroopilly, Enoggera, Bardon
- Suburbs including Brighton, Newport, Woody Point, Redcliffe
What do Building Inspections Include?
Most building inspections throughout Queensland include a physical inspection and report, ABIS's building inspections include the following:
- A Physical Inspection by a QBCC licensed inspector
- A full building and pest inspection (not including a pool inspection)
- Thermal Imaging to uncover any hidden damage
- A comprehensive report