Located 6 km to Brisbane’s north-west and bordered by Kedron Brook and Enoggera Creek, Enoggera (4051) was originally settled in the mid-1840s by farmers such as John Brennan and Thomas Hayes who established orchards and vineyards. In the 1860s Enoggera’s population was boosted when it became a thoroughfare for the track to the Gympie goldfields to the north. To accommodate the growing population, a school was opened in 1871 and rail extended into the suburb in 1899. In 1877 the suburb was formally recognised. In 1949 trams were also extended into the suburb but ceased in 1968. However, Enoggera is most associated with its army barracks which were established in 1910.
Today, Enoggera hosts several schools and is well serviced by various forms of transport, namely the rail to Brisbane and Beenleigh which is connected with the bus to Brisbane, northern and western suburbs, and major arterial roads linking to Brisbane and western suburbs.
In 2011, 5000 people lived in Enoggera, their average age is 29 years. Most residents were Anglo-Australian speaking only English at home.