Red Hill (4059)
Just 3 km from Brisbane central, Red Hill (4059) is a steep residential suburb with a strip of shops and commercial enterprises clustered around its two major thoroughfare roads. One of its landmarks, a church, was built in 1914 atop a hill so that it is visible from all of Brisbane. Red Hill has several schools, including one of the oldest built in 1885. It is also well serviced by numerous public buses and is home to a number of prominent football teams with their training grounds and club facilities. A bowling club was established in 1930.
In 2011, 5020 people lived in Red Hill, their average age being 43 years. Although predominantly Anglo-Australian, residents were also from South Africa, Czech Republic, and Zambia. Mandarin, Cantonese, French, Italian, and Greek were spoken alongside English at home.