On the Northside, about 10 km north of Brisbane, Keperra (4054) was first settled in 1865 when Thomas Price sold land to John Nicholson who built a home and established church services in the area. Rail was built through the area in 1918, although initially it was just a siding. Capt Cottam was responsible for the Keperra Golf Club in 1931, with a clubhouse to follow in 1939. In 1940 a military camp was set up and was responsible for constructing many of the suburb's roads, with a housing commission development on the site after the war. Today, housing styles range from post war lowest weatherboard to the larger brick homes built during the 1980s and 1990s. From 1966 to 1998, a drive-in movie cinema was once located where a residential housing estate now stands.
Today, Keperra has three shopping centres, several churches, a hospital, several railway stations, regular bus services, and a number of parks, picnic grounds and bushland reserves for recreational activities. A large quarry is still operational but this is planned to eventually be converted to housing estate and a major expansion of the shopping centre. Keperra is also home to an active TAFE campus, a major leagues club and a large retirement village.
In 2011, 6600 people lived in Keperra, their average age being 37 years with most being born in Australia, New Zealand or England and almost all speaking only English at home.