Building and Pest Inspection in Brisbane, Ipswich and South East Queensland
Our qualified building inspectors are among the best inspectors in the Brisbane area and we provide comprehensive reports after conducting your inspection with Free Thermal Imaging.
When buying a house or unit- before your contact becomes unconditional, it is recommended that you carry out a Building and Pest Inspection. This inspection, will let highlight any areas of concern that you may need to fix on the house, unit or commercial premise. It is then up to you to decide whether to rectify any issues prior to, or leave it until after the sale is complete.
If you are selling a house or unit - we recommend you undertake a Building and Pest Inspection report to determine if there is anything that needs to be addressed prior to putting your house on the market. If you are auctioning your house - you will also want to provide the results of a Building and Pest to display to potential purchasers.
Australian Building Inspection Services ('ABIS') will conduct a Pre-Purchase Building and Timber Pest Report which is conducted according to AS4349.1 standards.
For ABIS to produce the report for you, involves a thorough inspection of the building and its immediate surrounds and moisture measurement where appropriate. All readily and safely accessible areas of the property are inspected including fences, yard, building exterior, building interior, sub-floor, roof exterior, and roof voids.
Building and Pest Inspections Brisbane & Report covers...
- Structural Problems including
- Conditions Conducive to Structural Damage including
- Additions & Improvements
- Incomplete Construction
- Serious Safety Hazards
- Major Defects in Secondary & Finishing Elements
- Minor Defects in the Condition of Non-Structural Elements
- Signs of Timber Pests including, Fungal Decay, Wood Borers, Subterranean Termites (including evidence, location & extent of activity, mudding & damage) and Chemical Delignification
- Conditions Conducive to Timber Pest Attack including Inadequate Sub-floor Ventilation, Presence of Excessive Moisture, Untreated or Non-durable Timber used in a hazardous environment, Bridging or Breaching of the Termite Barrier and/or "insufficient slab edge exposure"
- Evidence of Existing Termite Management Programs
- Advice on Termite Prevention & Management