Looking for a Building and Pest Inspection Report in South East Queensland?
Our building inspectors are among the best inspectors in the Brisbane area and we provide comprehensive reports after conducting your inspection.
Building and Pest Inspection
To cover your Building & Pest Inspection needs an ABIS Pre-Purchase Building and Timber Pest Report is conducted to AS4349.1 standards.
The inspection and report involves a thorough inspection of the building and its immediate surrounds with testing by sounding and moisture measurement where appropriate. All readily and safely accessible areas of the property are inspected including fences, yard, building exterior, building interior, sub-floor, roof exterior, and roof voids.
Building and Pest Inspections & Report covers...
- Structural Problems including
- Conditions Conducive to Structural Damage including
- Defective Plumbing
- Roof Plumbing & Flashings
- Defective or Bridged Damp Proof Course
- Un-tradesman-like Work
- Trees & Shrubs
- Lack of Sub floor Ventilation
- Additions & Improvements
- Incomplete Construction
- Serious Safety Hazards
- Major Defects in Secondary & Finishing Elements
- Minor Defects in the Condition of Non-Structural Elements
- Signs of Timber Pests including, Fungal Decay, Wood Borers, Subterranean Termites (including evidence, location & extent of activity, mudding & damage) and Chemical Delignification
- Conditions Conducive to Timber Pest Attack including Inadequate Sub-floor Ventilation, Presence of Excessive Moisture, Untreated or Non-durable Timber used in a hazardous environment, Bridging or Breaching of the Termite Barrier and/or "insufficient slab edge exposure"
- Evidence of Existing Termite Management Programs
- Advice on Termite Prevention & Management
Australian Building Inspection Services (ABIS) covers the Greater Brisbane area including: