Logan Village (4207)
Located 45 km to Brisbane’s south and bisected by both the Logan River and a disused rail, Logan Village (4207) is a low density semi-rural suburb named after Capt. Logan commandant of the Moreton Bay penal colony who camped in the area in 1827. In 1842, land was opened for European settlement, an agricultural reserve designated and freehold selection permitted in 1862. A town was surveyed in 1865 with acreage blocks.
The first burial occurred in 1878 and a cemetery was formally opened in 1879. A school was established in 1872. A bridge was built to cross the Logan River in 1897 but was destroyed by flood in 1903 and not reinstated until 1996. In the 1920s a rifle range was opened and formed the basis of an army training base during World War II. As a tribute to its history the Forest of Memories is an outdoor museum built in Logan Village in 2013 during its 150 year celebration and consists of plaques depicting historic images and stories of the area.
In 2011, 3,600 people lived in Logan Village, their average age being 38 years. Residents were predominantly Anglo-Australian, speaking only English at home.