Eagle Farm (4009)
On the Northside, 9km from Brisbane city, Eagle Farm (4009) is mainly industrial and today forms part of a trade zone. Previously, it was the site of Brisbane’s airport and a railway station. Engine testing stands remain at the old airport site where Allison engines were tested prior to fitting into assembled aircraft during World War II. Eagle Farm also hosts a major racecourse, the headquarters of Queensland’s turf club and the Royal Queensland Golf Club.
Eagle Farm was settled very early by Capt. Logan in 1829 as a convict farming site for maize, pigs and cattle. Female convicts worked as labourers in 1834 and continued until 1839 when transportation was abolished.