Building Inspection Tennyson

ABIS Building Inspectors conduct | Building and Pest Inspections | Warranty Inspections | Handover Inspections | and other Building Inspections in this area

Tennyson (4105)

Situated 7 km to Brisbane's south on the Brisbane River, Tennyson (4105) was initially called Softstone by one of the early settlers, James Strong, but was changed to its current name after the poet, Alfred Tennyson in 1897. It is home to the Queensland Tennis Centre and although it has bus services, trains were discontinued in 2011.

In 2011, only 860 people lived in Tennyson, their average age being 41 years. Most residents were Anglo-Australian with a minority from Germany, Philippines, and the United States with English being the primary language spoken at home.