Rochedale South (4123)
Located 20 km to Brisbane's south and bordering the Pacific Motorway to the west, Rochedale South (4123) was once noted for its fertile red soil however recent bouts of drought have forced farming to give way to redevelopment. Prior to this, the Gill family operated a piggery and poultry farm in 1952, then subdivided and developed their property into the first residential estate in 1967. In 1979, Rochedale South was excised from Rochedale. As the population rapidly expanded, a shopping centre, several churches and a school were established.
In 2011, about 15000 people lived in Rochedale South, their average age is 35 years. Most residents were Anglo-Australian with a minority from South Africa. Almost all spoke English exclusively at home.