Building and Pest Inspection in Brisbane, Ipswich, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and across all South East Queensland
ABIS offers thorough Building and Pest Inspection that comes with Free Thermal Imaging. We provide comprehensive inspection reports after your building is inspected by our qualified building inspectors.
Building Inspection when buying a house or unit
Before your contract becomes unconditional, it is recommended that you carry out a Building and Pest Inspection.
This inspection will highlight any areas of concern that you may need to fix on the house, unit or commercial premises. It is then up to you to decide whether to rectify any issues prior to or leave it until after the sale is complete.
If you are selling a house or unit
We recommend you undertake a Building and Pest Inspection report to determine if there is anything that needs to be addressed prior to putting your house on the market. If you are auctioning your house - you will also want to provide the results of a Building and Pest Inspection to display to potential buyers.
ABIS will conduct a Pre-Purchase Building and Timber Pest Report which is conducted according to AS4349.1 standards.
A Pre-Purchase Building and Timber Pest Report involves a thorough inspection of the building and its immediate surroundings and includes moisture measurement where appropriate. All readily and safely accessible areas of the property are inspected including fences, yard, building exterior, building interior, sub-floor, roof exterior, and roof voids.
All Brisbane Building and Pest Inspection Reports cover:
- Structural Problems including:
- Conditions Conducive to Structural Damage including:
- Additions & Improvements
- Incomplete Construction
- Serious Safety Hazards
- Major Defects in Secondary & Finishing Elements
- Minor Defects in the Condition of Non-Structural Elements
- Signs of Timber Pests including, Fungal Decay, Wood Borers, Subterranean Termites (including evidence, location & extent of activity, mudding & damage) and Chemical Delignification
- Conditions Conducive to Timber Pest Attack including Inadequate Subfloor Ventilation, Presence of Excessive Moisture, Untreated or Non-durable Timber used in a hazardous environment, Bridging or Breaching of the Termite Barrier and/or "insufficient slab edge exposure"
- Evidence of Existing Termite Management Programs
- Advice on Termite Prevention & Management