Building and Pest Inspection Brisbane, Ipswich, Gold Coast, Logan, and South East Queensland
Once your inspection is complete, you will receive a comprehensive building report that is produced by our qualified building inspector.
Home Inspection when buying a house or unit
Before your contract becomes unconditional, it is recommended that you carry out a Building and Pest Inspection.
A pre-purchase building inspection report will highlight any areas of defect on the property. It is then up to you to decide whether to request those issues be rectified prior to settlement or negotiate a better price. Alternatively, you may be able to cancel your contract or choose to fix the defects after settlement.
If you are selling a house or unit
We recommend you undertake a Building and Pest Inspection report to determine if there is anything that needs to be addressed prior to putting your house on the market. If you are auctioning your house - you will also want to provide the results of a Building and Pest Inspections to display to potential buyers.
A Pre Purchase Inspection Report involves a thorough inspection of the building and its immediate surroundings. The inspection may include a moisture measurement reading where appropriate. All readily and safely accessible areas of the property are inspected including fences, yard, building exterior, building interior, sub-floor, roof exterior, and roof voids.
ABIS Building and Pest Inspection Reports include:
- Structural Problems including:
- Conditions Conducive to Structural Damage including:
- Additions & Improvements
- Incomplete Construction
- Serious Safety Hazards
- Major Defects in Secondary & Finishing Elements
- Minor Defects in the Condition of Non-Structural Elements
- Signs of Timber Pests including, Fungal Decay, Wood Borers, Subterranean Termites (including evidence, location & extent of activity, mudding & damage) and Chemical Delignification
- Conditions Conducive to Timber Pest Attack including Inadequate Subfloor Ventilation, Presence of Excessive Moisture, Untreated or Non-durable Timber used in a hazardous environment, Bridging or Breaching of the Termite Barrier and/or "insufficient slab edge exposure"
- Evidence of Existing Termite Management Programs
- Advice on Termite Prevention & Management