Who Should Perform My Home's Building and Pest Inspection

Building And Pest Inspection Brisbane

Picking a company or an individual to conduct a Building and Pest Inspection can be difficult and confusing if you have never gone through the process before.

ABIS is happy to provide you with some quick tips for first-time home buyers:

Qualified Building Inspector

Make sure the Building Inspector you pick has a QBCC license to conduct "Completed Residential Building Inspections". The BSA issues two types of license: 

  • A company license that covers the company and all the inspectors that work for that company, or
  • An Individual License that covers the One Man Band building inspectors.

Licensed Pest Controller

Make sure the Pest Controller holds both of these licenses:

  • QBCC license covering 'Termite Management - Chemical', and
  • Queensland Pest Management Technician License with the endorsement "Pest Control Activity including Timber Pests".


Make sure that the company or individual is covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance. You could also check with the insurance company to make sure the insurance policy has not been cancelled and it currently covers the Qualified Inspector conducting your Home Inspection.

WARNING: There have been cases of building inspectors displaying certificates of currency where their insurance has been cancelled.  

ABIS inspires to become Australia's leading Building and Pest Inspection company, giving our clients the confidence to make well-informed, well-considered property building, buying, and selling decisions. Learn more on Why you should choose ABIS.

ABIS has been in the Building and Pest Inspection industry for more than 20 years. We have built a loyal customer following founded on quality inspection and exceptional service. Check our service area in Brisbane, Gold Coast and across South East Queensland.


Arrange My Building Inspection Today!